10–11 December 2012 | Stockholm, Sweden
The second out of three highlevel policy fora on climate change adaptation in the Baltic Sea Region focused on the further development of the first draft of the strategy document along with interactive working sessions on the expected impact of climate change on agriculture, biodiversity, spatial planning and civil security in the Baltic Sea Region.
Impressions from the event
The event was organised by the Council of the Baltic Sea States, CBSS, in close cooperation with the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute, SMHI. It continued the working process on a proposal for a macro-regional climate change adaptation strategy that was started at 1st Policy Forum at “Baltic Sea Days” in Berlin, Germany this year.
Participants of this Policy Forum were high level policy makers and representatives from relevant national ministries, the European Commission, international and regional organizations and academic institutions in the field of climate change and adaptation from across the Baltic Sea Region.
- Agenda [pdf, 520.73 KB]
- Draft version of the Strategy document provided for discussion at the 2nd Policy Forum (10-11 Dec 2012) [pdf, 643.8 KB]
- Presentation by Maria do Rosario Bento Pais (DG Climate Action) [pdf, 609.91 KB]
- Presentation by Åsa Sjöström (SMHI) [pdf, 1.73 MB]
- Presentation by Katrine Krogh Andersen (DMI) [pdf, 2.54 MB]
- Presentation by Kirsi-Marja Lonkila (UBC) [pdf, 900.77 KB]
- Presentation of the 1st draft Climate Change Adaptation Strategy for BSR by Lotta Andersson (SMHI) [pdf, 812.24 KB]
- Presentation of the Action Plan by Susanne Altvater (BMU/Ecologic) [pdf, 321.86 KB]
- Introduction to Agriculture & Biodiversity workshop by Susanne Altvater (BMU/Ecologic) [pdf, 707.26 KB]
- Presentation by Markku Järvenpää (MTT) [pdf, 3.22 MB]
- Presentation by Henrik Eckersten (SLU) [pdf, 2.32 MB]